Friday, March 14, 2008

Our First Born Goes Double Digits!

Madi turned 10 last month! What? But that means I'm 10 years older than when I had her and I KNOW that can't be right? (Actually, I must admit, we have had 10 years of adventure, a couple careers and 3 more kids so I'm at peace with that.) Madi wanted a little tropical summer for her birthday so we made smoothies, wore hula skirts and danced, and pretended it was warm outside. She really wanted a volcano on her cake (thank you Wal-Mart for selling mini chocolate cakes) and an inflatable palm tree. It doesn't take much to make this girl smile!


We have a tradition of waking the birthday girl up singing "Happy Birthday" and giving our family gifts to her on her bed before school.


Feliz Cumpleano, mija. Tu eres un angel y me alegro muchisimo que estas en nuestra familia.

7 comments:

Sara said...

Wow! What a fun party! I LOVE to LUAU! Looks like it was a great time!

Happy Birthday to Madi... still can't believe it... 10... as in T-E-N? Blows my mind! What a big, grown up girl!

{jane} said...

an entire decade since our baby girls were born, it's so crazy!

The Fox Den said...

Happy Birthday! Love all the snow pics too!

Shannon said...

Happy Birthday Madi! I love that you found your camera!!!
So fun to look over the exciting trips you were talking about.
The cabin looks like a blast too!

Britney said...

Yay! I am so excited that you found my blog! It will be fun to keep up with you guys. I'm glad you found your camera!

Terri said...

Daph yea, how fun. You should have had Silver go over and show the kids how to Hula. I love Luaus, and how great in the middle of winter. I cant believe she is 10. It seems like it was just yesterday you were sitting in our Nutrition class in College while pregnant and busting out all your snacks to keep you from getting sick. Heeheheh. I was sick to hear that you left your camera, so I am happy to hear that you found it. YEA. Still waiting for that smoothie!

6 P's in a Pod said...

Happy Birthday, Madi! You wont remember me, but I remember YOU! What a special, sweet, darling little girl you are!