Friday, February 27, 2009

Jon Schmidt Rocks!

He really does. I have some of his melodic tunes on my ipod and loved them so we were so excited when our neighbor invited us to a private concert in their living room (maybe I invited myself with my over zealous enthusiasm...). So everyone we talked to had this excitement when they asked if we'd ever been to one of his concerts--we soon found out why. Jon Schmit is an amazing piano player who doesn't take himself seriously at all! I had no idea he played up-side-down, with his toes, nose and elbows, and rocks out like he's in a band! He was so much FUN and so inspirational for the girls! He takes the stuffy out of it and showed them what fun they could have if they kept practicing. Man, I wish I would've seen someone like him play violin when I was a kid. We were such groupies--we bought piano books and the girls had him sign them. And to top off the night, Bree lost her tooth eating refreshments (hence the napkin in her mouth.) Definitely a journal entry night.

6 comments:

{jane} said...

fun! what a perfect, perfect concert for your family!

cute picture, I can't tell who's house you're in - where was it?

Shannon said...

NO WAY! Super fun, i want to see him in Concert! haha

Shannon said...

P.S. I secretly listen to your music with Enrique Iglesias all the time!! I love this song even though i don't know what he's saying. haha

Daphne said...

It was at Dani Byers. They bought a new piano from The Piano Gallery and they paid Jon Schmit to come do the concert on their piano. The piano has a feature that they recorded the concert and now it plays on their piano whenever they want--so cool!

Daphne said...

Shannon-Half the time I don't what they're saying! HA! It's a great song, huh?

becky said...

i just had to comment! i love this guy! i have played the piano for years! like 15 years and when i was in jr. high a handful of us got to play his music for him in salt lake...such a fun memory!

what an amazing night for you!